[python #UVQ-989808]: Contour Labeling

Greetings!

Apologies on the delayed response and thanks for the kind words and the report.
This looks similar to the issues identified in this MetPy issue:

   https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/issues/1322

I'm guessing the root problem is CartoPy. Feel free to follow our progress on
identifying and fixing the issue there. One workaround you might consider is to
set the extent before adding the contour labels.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am currently working on producing data maps from
> the GFS and NAM. The codes that you have posted online have been very
> helpful in helping me understand how to access/manipulate the model data. I
> have come across one issue that I was hoping you could help me with. When
> you change the extent area of a projection with Cartopy, the contour labels
> do not adjust to the new projection area. For example, if the initial
> contour label is drawn on a contour line over the Pacific Ocean, when you
> change the extent to the area from the Pacific Ocean to California, the
> label is not rewritten on the contour line over California.  Below I will
> attach some images that help explain this issue. Let me know if you could
> help me with this issue. Thank you for your time.

Ticket ID: UVQ-989808
Department: Support Python