[NOAAPORT #BGK-918302]: NOAAPort ingest not working

Hi,

re: Did you try CMCS on your legacy ingest machine, or on the new one?

> On the legacy, the list is not showing any though. I run
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/cmcs
> Then the session comes and when I do list I get the following.
> CMCS> list
> No local receivers found.

I don't know what would be causing this especially if NOAAPort ingest
is working on the legacy machine.  I'd venture to guess that it is
somehow related to a firewall/iptables issue, but I can not be sure.

One quick comment, however:

- you noting that you ran '/usr/local/ldm/bin/cmcs' raised a red
  flag for me since the only things that should be included in
  the ~ldm/bin directory should be LDM routines, and 'cmcs'
  is not bundled with the LDM

  The reason for this is because copying things to the ~ldm/bin
  directory will result in them not being found the next time
  the LDM installation is upgraded ** assuming that the LDM
  installation was done according to the instructions on our
  web site **.

What happens if you download a new version of CMCS (cmcs) to the
new machine you just got NOAAPort ingest working on and run it
there?

If it doesn't work on your new macine, the only thing I can imagine
is some sort of a firewall-related issue.

Ticket ID: BGK-918302
Department: Support NOAAPORT