[NOAAPORT #BGK-918302]: NOAAPort ingest not working

Hi again,

Quick question:

When you say "The em4 interface has no firewall", do you mean that
firewalld is not running at all, or are you saying that there are
no firewalld rules for the em4 interface?

I ask the above because it sure seems like access to the UDP stream that
is being seen by 'tcpdump' on your em4 interface is being blocked by
something.  I'm wondering if firewalld is running, but there are no
rules for your em4 interface, whether or not traffic is blocked by
default.  The following web page talks about "rich rule" setting
for multicast traffic in firewalld:

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60395

Another question:

Exactly how are you setting up the multicast routing on your new machine
(I am asking for specifics, not a general overview)?

The way we setup multicast routing on our CentOS 6 ingest machines is
different in specifics that what it will need to be on your CentOS 7.6
machine:

- under CentOS 6, one can create the file /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
  with content that looks like:

  any net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 192.168.1.7 dev eth1

  and this file will be read by the network startup script and routing
  set by the script essentially running:

  route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 192.168.1.7 dev eth1

  Here:

  192.168.1.7 - IP address of the Ethernet interface to be used to ingest
  eth1        - name of the interface

  I am guessing that the command that would need to be run on your machine
  would be:

  route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 10.1.1.0 dev em4

- from what I am seeing via Google searches, you would need to add
  multicast routing setup to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

  There are probably different ways of doing the same thing under
  CentOS 7, but I am not sure what they might be at the moment.

On another topic, I would like some information about how your Novra S300N
is configured.

Using the 'cmcs' application that one can get from Novra for Linux, one
can login to the Novra using:

% cmcs -ip <ip address of your S300N> -pw <password for your S300N>

The things that I am interested in are the output from the following
commands run when logged into your S300N:

show device

show pids

show lan

show satellite

show version

One of the things that you may need to do is configure your S300N to
re-configure the PIDs being processed so that you can ingest all of
the data being sent in NOAAPort.

For reference, here is how our S300Ns are configured:

> show pids

        MPE PIDs being processed:       101     102     103     104     105
                                        106     107     108     150     151

        PIDs being forwarded raw:

Ticket ID: BGK-918302
Department: Support NOAAPORT