[NOAAPORT #GGP-872890]: New Noaaport server with ldm

Hi Heather,

re:
> The server I was using as my noaaport ingestor (attached to our novra
> receiver) had a failed disk and then the  RAID failed.  I was able to
> recover my data, but still had to rebuild my server from scratch.

Which I assume means that you had to re-install the operating
system, correct?

re:
> I installed the latest version of the LDM (6.13.7).  I believe it
> installed correctly (I have attached make and configure logs).  I disabled
> my selinux and opened firewalls as instructed in the online documentation
> (iptables -A INPUT -p -tcp --dport 388 -j ACCEPT).

That will allow LDM traffic which is good.

re:
> I installed cmcs and I think my connection to my receiver is good
> (nothing changed with my receiver or connection to the server):
>
> [root@npingest ~]# /root/cmcs -ip 192.168.0.138 -pw Novra-S2 -shsat
>
> Satellite Interface Settings:
>
> Receiver MAC Address: 00-06-76-05-02-b7
> Receiver Mode: DVBS2
> Frequency: 1110.0 MHz
> Symbol Rate: 30.001 Msps (Auto)
> ModCod: 2/3 16PSK
> Gold code: 0
> Input Stream Filter: On
> Input Stream ID: 18
> Signal Lock: On
> Data Lock: On
> Uncorrectable Rate: 0/Second
> Packet Error Rate: 0.0000e+00
> Carrier to Noise C/N: 17.5dB
> Signal Strength: -49 dBm
>
> However, when I run the ldm.  I am not getting any data!
> What am I missing??

The typical thing that happens with a new OS installation is
the firewall is not configured to allow all traffic on the
Ethernet interface to which the Novra S300N is connected.

You can test to see if the packets from the Novra are hitting
the Ethernet interface using the system utility 'tcpdump'.
This, of course, needs to be done as 'root'.

Assuming that the UDP packets from the Novra are hitting the
Ethernet interface on your rebuilt machine, the next thing
to do is to verify that you have a firewall rule that
allows all traffic on that interface.  The line in
the IPTABLES configuration file, /etc/sysconfig/iptables, will
look something like:

-A INPUT -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

NB: this assumes that your Novra is connected to the Eth1 interface
on your machine.  Also, it is entirely possible that the interface
is named something other than 'eth1'.

re:
> I have attached my ldmd.conf and pqact.conf.  I did not change these
> files at all from my server that was working previously.  So they should
> work. I also attached the log file output.

Let's first verify that the packets from the Novra are hitting the
Ethernet interface on your rebuilt machine.  Then verify that the
machine's firewall is allowing the traffic on that interface.

NB:

- if/when you make a change to /etc/sysconfig/iptables, you will have
  to stop/restart iptables:

  <as 'root'>
  service iptables restart

- you may also need to restart your ldm:

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin restart

re:
> Please help!  Thanks!

Please let us know if the firewall was, in fact, the problem.

Ticket ID: GGP-872890
Department: Support NOAAPORT