[NOAAPORT #HTM-284378]: NOAAPort UDP Bad Length

Hi Justin,

re:
> We are using a S300 from PDI.

OK.  Are you using Unidata's NOAAPort ingest software, or PDI's?

re:
> I am not sure of the firmware as I can't access it.

Hmm... I would have thought that Stonie (PDI) would have let all of
his users know how to interrogate their S300N.

If you are using the PDI ingest code, there is likely a process that
is logging the various parameters from the S300N ... Stonie figured
out how to decode the status messages that the S300N sends in the
UDP stream, so I would guess that his setup would log them somewhere.

re:
> I know it should work because we have 2 separate machines where we
> are not receiving these bad lengths and they are running through
> the same hub.

OK.  Have you tired moving which port the machine showing problems
is connected to?  Just musing about the possibility of a bad port
on the hub.

re:
> It must be something with my configuration is all I can think of.

Another possibility is a problem on the Ethernet interface your
input is connected to.  We have heard of problems caused by
Ethernet interfaces.  As far as your configuration goes, if
you modify your setup to match ours (sent in the first email)
and you still have problems, and if the same Novra is feeding
both/all of your machines, and if you are only seeing problems
on one machine, I would suspect something in the data path
between the hub (or the hub itself) and your machine.

re:
> All firewalls are down, so I don't think that is causing an issue.

A firewall wouldn't create problems in certain UDP packets, but it
could block the flow entirely.

Ticket ID: HTM-284378
Department: Support NOAAPORT