[LDM #MFT-584849]: Errors from noaaportIngester process

Carissa,

address@hidden> wrote:

> No we haven't, but I'll run it Monday morning before the meeting so we have
> some results. I just tried to download it - and this directory doesn't seem
> to exist, can you point me to the tar. Also - I'll be installing this on
> very operationally critical systems. We are going to run the test on the
> backup, but is there anything I should be aware of before installing?
>
>  wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/noaaport/noaaport-1.7.1.tar.gz

Stop! You don't need that package. Mike was referring to the commentary on
the net.ipv4.ipfrag_max_dist system parameter and not that the package was
needed. Modifying that parameter through the regular system utilities is
necessary on RedHat-based systems in order to properly receive the UDP
packets from the Novra. Go to
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/noaaport/current/ and see the
"Preinstallation" section.

Regards,