[LDM #MFT-584849]: Errors from noaaportIngester process

Hi Anuj,

re:
> Thanks for reaching out to the unidata team. we now have more clarity on
> the issue.
> As mentioned by you the VM's are not overtaxed but we can ask the Linux
> team about the proposed solution of not put the LDM queue on mounted drive.

Quick comment to clarify what we ran into when another user was trying to
run the LDM (not the NOAAPort ingest portion of the LDM) in a VM in a
university-based cloud: there were no signs that the VM was overloading
the host system.  The problem with writing to the LDM queue on a mounted
drive was a result of an I/O bottleneck.  Throughout the debugging process
the load averages within the VM and on the host were negligible.
This observation may or may not be relevant to your situation.

Once again I need to ask:

- are you monitoring/logging the Carrier to Noise and error statistics
  available from the Novra S300N receiver that your NOAAPort ingest
  instances are getting data from

It is our experience that strong/high Carrier to Noise is crucial
for good NOAAPort ingest.  It is also our and others' experience
that the ability to process the NOAAPort broadcast varies greatly
from Novra S300N to Novra S300N.  We have some sites that were
ingesting NOAAPort with essentially no errors while their C/N
was as low as the low 11s while other sites (like GSD) were having
problems even though their C/N was in the low 15s.  It seems that
the Novra S300Ns are more-or-less hand made units, and their
quality can vary greatly.

Ticket ID: MFT-584849
Department: Support NOAAPORT