[netCDF #YFX-636506]: Netcdf 4.1.3 Install Error

Hello,

Unfortunately, the answer remains much the same as it was in 2019; 4.1.3 is a
very old version, and is only growing harder to build on modern hardware/with
modern compilers. Ideally, WRF would be updated to work with modern versions of
netCDF, as the later releases (we are currently preparing 4.9.1) offer
important bug fixes, not just new features.

The error you're observing below seems to suggest that
libnetcdf_c___la-netcdf.o is not being built; I would expect to see an error
*before* the one you reported here, in that case, which might provide clues to
why this binary object isn't being compiled.  Is it possible there's an earlier
error we can look at, to try to diagnose this?

Thanks!

-Ward

Ticket ID: YFX-636506
Department: Support netCDF