[netCDF #ADU-366092]: how to solve "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details" during netcdf-c library installation

Hello,

Thank you for providing the log.  It appears you have an error when defining
your `LDFLAGS` variable.  From the log, I observe the following:

LDFLAGS='-L/home/maslab-4/ANKAN/ANKANRegCM4/libraries/zlib-1.2.11/lib -
L/home/maslab-4/ANKAN/ANKANRegCM4/libraries/hdf5-1.8.16/lib'

There is a space between the second `-` and `L`, e.g. `-
L/home/maslab-4/(...)`.  If you replace this with `-L`, this error should go
away.

Thank you, have a good day,

-Ward

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I am Ankan Sarkar, a DST-INSPIRE Fellow from
> the National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India. I am installing the
> RegCM4 model in ubuntu system. For that, I have to install the required
> libraries first. I have successfully installed zlib and hdf5
> libraries using the installation guide given in the following  link:
> https://github.com/uturuncoglu/RegESM/blob/master/docs/03_Installation.md.
> But when I am going to install netcdf-c library after that, I am getting
> this error
> See `config.log' for more details
> I have given the following command lines:
> cd $PROGS
> wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1.tar.gz
> tar -zxvf netcdf-4.4.1.tar.gz
> cd netcdf-4.4.1
> mkdir src
> mv * src/.
> cd src
> ./configure --prefix=$PROGS/netcdf-4.4.1 CC=gcc FC=gfortran
> LDFLAGS="-L$PROGS/zlib-1.2.11/lib - L$PROGS/hdf5-1.8.16/lib"
> CPPFLAGS="-I$PROGS/zlib-1.2.11/include -I$PROGS/hdf5-1.8.16/include".
> Here, $PROGS defines the path of the folder where I am keeping all the
> libraries (/home/maslab-4/ANKAN/ANKANRegCM4/libraries)
> I have tried with other netcdf-c versions like netcdf-4.4.0. and netcdf
> 4.3.0. But it is throwing the same error. I am really struggling at this
> point. If anyone can guide me how to solve this error, this will help me a
> lot. For, your convenience I am attaching config.log file with this mail.
> Please find the attachment. Thank you.
>
> With regards,
> Ankan

Ticket ID: ADU-366092