[netCDFJava #XBL-860979]: netcdfAll can not be used in Modules

Greetings!

Sorry for the delay. We have not explored modularized java at this point,
although
it is on our list. The class you mention is actually coming from a dependency
needed
to read some GRIB files (JJ200). We sort of adopted that project, as it was
abandoned
on Google Code quite some time ago. I'm happy to add that class (as well as
JJ2KDecoder)
to see if that helps you get further along in the process. I'll try to knock
this out
today, and will send you a link to a snapshot version of netcdfAll.jar.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello,
> To my knowledge, the netcdfALL library can not be used in modularized Java
> programs due to a minor technicality.
>
> At least to my limited understanding, I'm all new to Java Modules but I have
> been tasked with modularizing some existing code that uses the netcdfAll
> library.
>
> In the current netcdfAll release there are two classes (JJ2KEncoder.class and
> JJ2KDecoder.class) in the top-level directory and thus belonging to no
> package (or the "default" package).
> This seems not to be allowed by Java Modules so this library can not be
> used.. or?
>
> this is the exception thrown:
> java.lang.module.FindException: Unable to derive module descriptor for
> <mypath>netcdfAll-4.6.13.jar
> Caused by: java.lang.module.InvalidModuleDescriptorException:
> JJ2KEncoder.class found in top-level directory (unnamed package not allowed
> in module)
>
> It seems to me that the solution would be somewhat simple, just place these
> two errant classes in a named package.
>
> Or, am I missing something?
> is there some simple fix that I can apply myself?
>
> any help would be much appreciated.

Ticket ID: XBL-860979
Department: Support netCDF Java