[netCDF #NIR-934236]: Problem in installation

Hello,

It appears that the libcurl library has not been installed; alternatively,
there may be an issue using such an old version of netCDF on a modern linux
system.  You may want to contact the WRF team to make sure that their build
system is compatible with the version of Linux you are using.  Alternatively,
you might download the latest version of netCDF-C from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases and install it in place of
netCDF-4.1.3.

I hope this helps, have a great day,

-Ward

> Full Name: Durgesh
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: netcdf-4.1.3
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi, I am trying to install netcdf , I am getting some
> errors which I am not able to understand. I have installed earlier and that
> time it was installed properly. below are last few lines of the results of
> running make,
>
> libtool: link: cannot find the library
> `/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.la' or
> unhandled argument
> `/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.la'
> Makefile:428: recipe for target 'libnetcdff.la' failed
> make[3]: *** [libnetcdff.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> '/home/durgesh/WRF/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf-4.1.3/fortran'
> Makefile:345: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> '/home/durgesh/WRF/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf-4.1.3/fortran'
> Makefile:551: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home/durgesh/WRF/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf-4.1.3'
> Makefile:422: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> looking for any suggestions in this regard
>
> Durgesh

Ticket ID: NIR-934236
Department: Support netCDF