[netCDF #OXJ-675795]: large size integer netcdf reading

Since we do not have ifort, this may be difficult to solve.
One possibility is that ifort is defaulting integer to integer*8.
Can you force the array to be of type integer*4?
Also, you might upgrade to the latest netcdf-c library (4.6.1).
For what it is worth, I converted the fortran to C and it worked fine.

> Full Name: Naoki Mizukami
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System: Linux (cisl cheyenne)
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I have a netCDF (classic) reading in my fortran code.
>
> netCDF is written by a separate fortran code as well, and can be read with
> with python. I identified the problematic variable, which is 1 x 1 x 20 x
> 2729077 int array.
>
> I compiled the fortran code with ifort 17.0.1 with netcdf library 4.4.1.1.  I
> tried to read the array with full size, I get segmentation fault error at
> line nf90_get_var.   However, If I reduced the size of last dimension (e.g.,
> try to read 1x1x20x1900000), it reads fine.   If the fortran array (where
> variables from netCDF is stored in memory) is declared in real instead of
> integer, it reads fine.  Also, if I compile with gfortran, it reads and store
> the full size integer array.
>
> I would like to figure out why ifort causes the problem in reading integer
> netCDF variables.
>
> I attached the tar file containing the fortran code, makefile, netcdf data.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: OXJ-675795
Department: Support netCDF