[netCDF #ZVM-937329]: NetCDF.inc

Hi Jason,

> I have tried downloading netcdf-c-4.3.3-rc3 on my system I did the make
> check make install and unfortunately, while I get the include and lib
> directories, I do not have netcdf.inc which is a vital file for running
> many netcdf based programs.  Can you let me know how to get netcdf.inc on
> my system.  I have a CENTOS 7 operating system.

What you built and installed is the netCDF C library, but you still need to
build and install the netCDF-Fortran library to get netcdf.inc, which is for
Fortran programs that call netCDF functions.

The netCDF-Fortran release requires, as a first step, that you install the
netCDF C library, so you're done with that step. To finish, you can follow
these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

using the latest announced netCDF-Fortran release, version 4.4.1, available
from:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

Alternatively, if you wait until next week, there will likely be a later
version of both the Fortran library and the C library on which it depends.
Building that Fortran library on top of that C library may be a little
easier with the instructions in the accompanying release notes:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZVM-937329