[netCDF #RKA-339982]: latest status of wavelength and wavenumber coordinates

Hi Gansham,

> What is the latest update on the wavelength and wavenumber as part of
> NetCDF library (including netcdf-java)?

I see there are CF standard names for these two quantities:

  sensor_band_central_radiation_wavelength
  sensor_band_central_radiation_wavenumber

but CF standard names are not handled by the netCDF C-based libraries, except
that we recommend use of CF Conventions and Standard Names when applicable.

NetCDF-Java handles some CF coordinate system conventions, but doesn't have any
CF Standard Name support, as far as I know.

I think wavelength and wavenumber could be represented as ordinary netCDF
coordinate
variables.

--Russ

> It seems lately it is accepted..