[netCDF #KFP-585924]: netcdf-3 file

Hi Michael,

Sorry your question never got answered when you first sent it in,
but I'm now trying to handle some of the backlog of unanswered support
questions.

> I downloaded netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip as instructed under
> "Building and Installing NetCDF on Windows: Prebuilt DLL at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/.
>
> The table at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Installing-DLL.html#Installing-DLL
> indicates that the file netcdf-3 should be placed in the Program
> Files\Unidata directory. However, there is no such file in the
> netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip folder. Could you let me know where to
> get this file?

There is no such file, and the table you referenced is confusing because it
seems to indicate such a file is needed.  The intended meaning was that if
you had downloaded the netCDF-3 source files and unpacked them into a
directory named "netCDF-3", then a conventional place to put them would be
 Program Files\Unidata
However, if you are just using the binary dll library and utlities, there is
no need to get the source code or install it anywhere.  It's only useful for
recompiling and rebuilding the library from program source code.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KFP-585924
Department: Support netCDF