Re: [netCDF #WGD-329902]: Support for aug_hdfeos5 tool

Cheryl Craig <address@hidden> writes:

> Ed-
>
> I linked in today's snapshot and ran my sample netCDF program.  It
> continues to read an augmented file, and has problems (as expected)
> when it tries to read an unaugmented file.
>
> At this point, HIRDLS is planning on augmenting our files and
> advertising to our user community that they can also be read via
> netCDF if one uses the netCDF4.1 library.
>
> I need to confirm that you do not see any problems with our use of
> this feature.  We are ready to freeze our release, and are awaiting
> confirmation from you before doing so.
>
> Thanks,
> Cheryl

I will confirm that we certainly aren't taking any features out. SO if
it works for you now, it will continue to work.

To ensure this, I will make reading some of your sample files part of
the automatic nightly testing, to make sure we don't inadvertently break
this.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Ed