[netCDF #BNI-564997]: fixing unlimited dimensions in netcdf4 files

Andrew,

> Russ sorted out this link for me a while back which told me how to fix
> up the unlimited dimensions in a netcdf3 file that hadn't been closed
> properly. Unfortunately, I've now gone and made a similar mistake with
> a netcdf4 file. Is there any way to fix up a netcdf4 file so that I
> can access the records = that I know are in there?

Sorry, I don't know how to do that, but it may be possible.  You might have
success asking the HDF5 support staff at

  http://www.hdfgroup.org/services/support.html

If you're desperate, another approach would be to study the details of the
HDF5 format at

  http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/H5.format.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: BNI-564997