[netCDF #CYF-313110]: Help on building netCDF 4.0 for windows

> Hi Ed,
>

> > Was this on windows?
>

> > If so, you must have imported those files into visual studio, correct?
>

> Yes, it was on Windows and imported via VS2005/2008
>

> > Yes, you should use them, and yes they will with the netCDF-4/HDF5 files.
>

> > But, you will not be able to access many netCDF-4 features with the cxx C++
> > library, because it does not handle them well. The cxx4 library is under
> > development to address this, but is not yet complete.
>

> I thought as much, but no sweat. Our main intention at this point is to get a
> tight integration with the core NetCDF 4.x library. We are aware that the 4.x
> C++ API is under development. For now I can make do with the cpps/.h's from
> the cxx folder.
>

> The corresponding cpps/.h's from the NetCDF 4.x cxx folder compile and build
> fine for me on Windows with VS2008.
>

> Thanks for your time and support!
>
> -Ajit

Howdy Ajit!

A helpful user has just contributed a new C++ API. Russ, our C++ expert, is
examining it now and likes what he sees so far. I suspect we will be adding
this new C++ API to the netCDF snapshot distribution to see how users like it.

Whatever we do, we will announce on the netCDF mailing list.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CYF-313110
Department: Support netCDF