[netCDF #LWE-305695]: Netcdf 4 ... Parallel access

> Hello,
>
> I have installed the beta version of netcdf 4 on my system. Yes, I know,
> this is a beta version ... :)
>
> I'm interested in exploring the parallel access features of netcdf 4.
> When I try to access the "NF_OPEN_PAR" documentation, I get a file not
> found error.
>
> Where might I find information on implementing parallel I/O via netcdf
> 4?

Howdy Annette!

Looks like the parallel functions were left out of the F77 documentation -
sorry, but the fortran docs are not up to date yet for netCDF-4.0!

I have added the parallel access functions.

The docs can be found at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/netcdf-4/newdocs/

Also you should get the latest snapshot, because I noticed that the
NF_INDEPENDENT and NF_COLLECTIVE constants were not defined in the fortran.inc
file. I have added them and regenerated the snapshot release.

I am just beginning a cycle of testing the parallel I/O of netCDF-4, so please
do let me know if you have any problems. The fortran API is somewhat lightly
tested at the moment!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: LWE-305695