20050507: netCDF Unix Build - download link fails to open

>From: "Patrick Hunt" <address@hidden>

Hi Patrick,

>Institution: Patrick Hunt
>Package Version: netcdf  3.6.0-p1
>Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.8)
>Hardware Information: G4
>Inquiry: I have attempted to download netcdf 3.6.0-p1, using Safari and IE 5.2,
>with no success as the links fail to open.
>
>Your help would be appreciated,

Just now, I was able to download both the gzip (netcdf.tar.gz) and
compressed (netcdf.tar.Z) distributions to my laptop from Valladolid,
Spain, so I don't think there is anything systematically wrong with
access through our web site.  Is it possible that you were trying to
download to a directory you don;t have write permission for or that
there is no forward/reverse DNS fpor the machine you are trying to
download to?

If downloading via a web browser continues to fail for you, please
try using FTP:

machine:    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:       anonymous
pass:       address@hidden