Re: [Fwd: 20040819:netCDF Decoders - ncdump.exe source]

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: "Ben Beroukhim" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: netCDF Decoders - ncdump.exe source
>
> Institution: AWS
> Package Version: netCDF 3.5.0 libraries for Win 95/98/NT
> Operating System: Win 2000
> Hardware Information: INEL
> Inquiry: I am looking as an example how to read netcdf files using netcdf.dll
>
> There is ncdump.exe which uses the .dll
>
> Can I get source, or an another example how to use the .dll to dump a netcdf
> file
>
> I do appreciate all the help
>
> Ben Beroukhim

Howdy Ben!

The source code for ncdump is available as part of the netcdf source
code distribution, available from the netCDF website:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html

The windows DLL is just a port to windows of the same code that runs
on Unix platforms.

Are you using VC++.NET? Or VC++ 6.0? Or some other development
platform?

On the FTP site there is also a VB.NET wrapper for the DLL, if you
want to work in VB.

Thanks,

Ed Hartnett
Unidata