20040811: NetCDF installation problem

Vladimir,

> From: "Vladimir Meerson" <address@hidden>
> Subject: NetCDF installation problem

> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Meerson
> Israel Meteorological Service
> P.O.Box 25, Bet-Dagan ISRAEL
> E-mail: address@hidden

> Making `all' in directory /usr/people/vladimir/netcdf-3.5.1/src/libsrc
>
>       /bin/cc -64 -c -O -I.  -DNDEBUG attr.c
> No such feature exists (-5,116)
>
>  The MIPSpro C Compiler
>  (license FEATURE string = cc)
>  requires a license password.
>
>  For license installation and trouble shooting
>  information visit the web page:
>
>          http://www.sgi.com/Support/Licensing/install_docs.html
>
>  To obtain a Permanent license (proof of purchase
>  required) or an Evaluation license please
>  visit our license request web page:
>
>          http://www.sgi.com/Products/license.html
>
>          or send a blank email message to:
>
>          address@hidden
>
>  In North America, Silicon Graphics' customers may request
>  Permanent licenses by sending a facsimile to:
>
>          (650) 932-0537
>
>          or by calling our technical support hotline
>
>          1-800-800-4SGI
>
>  If you are Outside of North America or you are not a Silicon
>  Graphics support customer then contact your local support provider.

If the above warning message can be removed, then I can more quickly
diagnose the problem.

> cc-1084 cc: ERROR File = /usr/include/internal/stddef_core.h, Line = 39
>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
>
>   typedef __int64_t   ptrdiff_t;
>                       ^
>
> cc-1349 cc: WARNING File = /usr/include/sys/types.h, Line = 247
>   The indicated declaration requires a typedef name.
>
>   typedef long    ssize_t;
>                          ^

The above errors should not have occurred and indicate a severe problem
with your compiler (and not the netCDF package).  I suggest you show
them to your system administrator or vendor.

If you correspond further with me, then please send me the file
"configure.log", which is described at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

Regards,
Steve Emmerson