20031202: Problem with Absoft8.0 on Mac OS

Stephen,

>Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:52:51 -0800
>From: Stephen Leroy <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20031202: Problem with Absoft8.0 on Mac OS

> The cfortran.h alterations and f90 flags come from instructions posted in
> the unidata email archives on how to build the netcdf library using MacOS
> X Absoft 7 (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
> href="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#absoft-macosx";>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#absoft-macosx</a>).
> Apparently lots of people have had success using these changes, but I'm using
> Absoft 8. <br>

It could very well be that the global symbol names produced by version 8
of the AbSoft Fortran 90 compiler differ from those produced by version
7 of the compiler.

To test this, please do the following:

    1.  Go to the "fortran/" subdirectory.

    2.  Execute the command "make clean".

    3.  Apply the attached patch to the file "cfortran.h"

    4.  Execute the command "make".

    5.  Execute the command "make test".

Let me know what you find.

I'd still like to know what the "-YEXT_SFX=_" and "-YCFRL=1" options do.

> Thanks, <br>
> Stephen<br>

Regards,
Steve Emmerson