Re: 20030129: Problems installing netcdf

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Felipe Roque" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problems installing netcdf

Felipe,

> Thank you for your response!
> Do you think your suggestion will function in spite of the differences?
> jupiter% uname -a
> sn9147 jupiter 10.0.1.0 aaa.0 CRAY SV1

Sorry, but I'm not sure.  Usually programs compiled for an earlier
minor version of an operating system will work fine on a later minor
version, so I would guess there is a good chance the version compiled
for 10.0.0.6 will work fine on 10.0.1.0.

One way to find out would be to get the netCDF source distribution and
build the programs necessary to run "make test", linking with the
10.0.0.6 library instead of building a new library.  This might
require running configure to create the necessary Makefiles and then
editing the Makefiles to link with the binary library, so it's not
trivial.  Alternatively, you could make the changes recommended to the
sources and just build the new library.

--Russ