Re: 20011031: Make Install err w/ netCDF

>To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>From: "Glenn Rutledge" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Make Install err w/ netCDF

Hi Glenn,

> Trying to load up netCDF.  Success thru the netCDF "make test".  Then
> when I "make install" I got the below error.  This does not look good-
> or is it?  Thx in advance.   Glenn
> Making `install' in directory
> /npfos/noaaport/netCDF/netcdf-3.5.0/src/f90
>
> make[2]: *** No way to make target `netcdf.mod'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make: *** [f90/install] Error 1

make install is trying to install the Fortran90 module file
"netcdf.mod" from the src/f90/ build directory into the installed
include/ directory.

It's possible your Fortran90 compiler has created some variation of
"netcdf.mod", such as "netcdf.MOD" in the src/f90 directory, which
needs to be copied instead of "netcdf.mod".  Or you could create a
link for netcdf.mod that points to netcdf.MOD (or whatever the real
file name is) and let "make install" copy that.

If you find the file and copy it manually, you can complete the
installation by invoking "make install" in the three
"netcdf-3.5.0/src/" subdirectories "ncdump/", "ncgen/", and "cxx/".

I hope this helps.

--Russ