Re: 20000713: NeNetCDF Utilities for NextStep

>To: address@hidden
>From: Roelof Burger <address@hidden>
>Subject: NextStep is missing?

Hi Roelof,

> I'm looking for the NextStep NetCDF utilities mentioned in the document
> mentioned on the page
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html
> The URL seems to be outdated and i can not find it using search engines.

I never got a reply from the original author of this package, so it
appears that the software is no longer available or supported.  I've
removed the reference to it from the netCDF software document.  It's
still possible someone else may have retrieved it from the original
FTP server before it became unavailable.  You might want to ask the
members of the address@hidden mailing list if anyone
else saved the package.

--Russ

P.S.  Here's the entry I just removed, in case you want to use
some information from it to continue your search:

<h3><a name="NextStep Utilities">NextStep NetCDF Utilities</a></h3>

Michael DeMan of Western Washington University has developed a set of netCDF
utilities for NextStep.  The utilities include a generator, an extractor, an
importer, and an exporter.<p>

The generator can be used to create netCDF files
that follow the <a
href="http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/noaa_coop/coop_cdf_profile.html";>
COARDS conventions</a>.  The extractor provides a GUI wrapper for the ncextr
utility, to extract cross sections and subsets of netCDF data.  The importer
accesses data from ASCII spreadsheet-style files.  The
exporter does the reverse, creating a spreadsheet-style matrix in one or
more files from specified cross-sections of netCDF data.
The utilities are available via anonymous FTP from <a
href="ftp://iceberg.cs.wwu.edu/michael/NetCDF/";>
ftp://iceberg.cs.wwu.edu/michael/NetCDF/</a>.  A
README file</a> provides more information about the utilities, available for
NeXT and i386 platforms.  For more information, contact Michael DeMan
&lt;address@hidden&gt;.