Re: building GMT: warnings and unresolved references: xdr_enum

Javier,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Thank you for your help. You were right and after changing the option
> XDR= -lnsl the program compiled perfectly (although, the old warning
> continued appearing).

Great!

> What I want to ask is you how do you know that
> the name of the network support libray is nsl ?.

Experience.  :-)

Seriously, because of the work I do, I have to know that kind of stuff.

> I've been looking for that directory and it doesn't exits.

"-lnsl" references the libraries "/usr/lib/libnsl.a" and
"/usr/lib/libnsl.so".  To see what's in them, do the following:

    ar tv /usr/lib/libnsl.a
    nm -g /usr/lib/libnsl.a
    nm -g /usr/lib/libnsl.so

--------