Re: More on netcdf C++ error handling

> Any guess as to when C++ 3.0
> will be available?  We're currently redesigning the netCDF portion of
> our code and I'm interested in knowing whether we should plan for it.

The "full release" of netcdf-3 (which will actually be something like 3.4)
will be out any day now. It will include the same C++ code you are used to
modulo some really minor changes to accomodate changes in the netcdf.h (C)
include file. This still uses the netcdf-2 C language interface.

I've been fooling around with reworking C++ implementation to use
the netcdf-3 C interface, and it doesn't really buy you much. My current
thinking is to come up with a careful, forward-looking design which
is consistant with the Draft C++ standard. This would be distinct from
existing C++ interface, but required to be interoperable in the sense
that calls via one interface or the other could be mixed safely in one
program. The idea is that this would deliver about the same time as we
start seeing compiler support for Standard C++.

-glenn