951219: netCDF question

Hiryong,

In the above message you wrote:

> > Have you read the files README and INSTALL that come with the netCDF
> > distribution?
>
>  Yes I read, They say that I need the (nmake),
>  but do not understand what they say.
>  That is not the file name.

`nmake' is a utility for building a package.  It is similar to the UNIX
`make' utility.  It uses the `msoft.mk' files, which are scattered
throughout the distribution, to build, test, and install the netCDF
package.

If you have the `nmake' utility, then you should execute the following
sequence of commands from the top-level source directory:

    nmake /F msoft.mk all
    nmake /F msoft.mk test
    nmake /F msoft.mk install

Save the output from the above commands in case something goes wrong and
you need to send it to me.

If you do not have the `nmake' utility, then you will have to build the
netCDF package by hand (i.e. executing separate commands to compile each
source file).  In this case, I suggest you start in the `xdr/'
subdirectory.  Using the `msoft.mk' file as a guide, compile the files
mentioned in the XDROBJS macro of the `msoft.mk' file.  Then, create the
XDR library by using the `lib' utility.  Let me know how this goes.

>     But I wonder that Why they made this difficult
>     software. I want to show you that most of Korean
>     sdftwares are not difficult to install and to use.

Is most Korean software built from source code on MS/DOS systems?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>