Additional function to NetCDF

------- Forwarded Message

>From address@hidden Sat Jul  5 10:58:00 1994
Date: 5 Jul 94 15:58:00 EST
Subject: Additional function to NetCDF

At MSKCC I've added another utility function to NetCDF, it called ncfileid and
will return the ncid of the file if it is open, or -1 if it not open and takes
as argument the full name and path of the file. This function comes in handy if
separate functions need to ascertain if a file has been already opened. We are
an X/Motif site and many separate modules have access to the same data files.

/********************** VL - Added following function *************/

int ncfileid(char *file_name)
{
   int id;

   for(id=0; id < _ncdf; id++)
     if( !strcmp(_cdfs[id]->path,file_name) ) return id;

   return -1;
}

Happy networking,

                        Valerio Luccio