[McIDAS #RNS-517280]: Lastest updates from McIDASX on wise web sire

Hi,

re:
> Hi any update on Ticket ID: QWH-540341 (update of mcidas x to read MTG
> METEOSAT data)

After getting sidetracked by a variety of things (including a trip to Witney,
England),
I was able to concentrate on putting together a new McIDAS release that
incorporates
the changes UWisc/SSEC made in their v2023.1 release.  I am in the process of
finalizing
the incorporation of the SSEC changes, and should be testing builds sometime
next week.
The Unidata distribution of McIDAS is a superset of SSEC's, and getting the
make process
to work with the different file/directory layout is quite finicky.

By the way, I did not see anything comments in the SSEC list of changes made
that
relate to the serving/use of MTG data.  I think I recall that they have
developed
a new ADDE server in Python that was written to support MTG imagery, but that is
not part of their standard release, so I will need to assess what they have done
and see if/how it can be incorporated in the Unidata release.

I apologize for the delays in getting a new McIDAS release out!

Ticket ID: RNS-517280
Department: Support McIDAS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.