[McIDAS #WJO-141001]: Plotting GLM Flash Extent Density

Hi Carol,

re:
> Do you know if McIDAS is capable of plotting GLM Flash Extent Density (part
> of GLMISatSS ldm feed)?

Yes, it can display the GLMISatSS Level 2 and Level 3 FullDisk imagery that we
are distributing in the NIMAGE IDD feed.  I added support for the images to
the ABIN servers.

re:
> Can you just use an IMGDISP since it's an ABI product?

You can, but if you are using your own ADDE server, it will likely need
to be updated with the latest Unidata McIDAS-X release, v2021.  Since
I have been interacting with the SSEC MUG folks about the units that
are listed with IMGPROBE (single key D command), it would probably be
good to wait a little bit before you grab, build and install the latest
release.  I am hoping that the MUG folks will bless the latest code from
me within the next couple of days, and then I will be updating the v2021
release with an addendum, v2021a.

Ticket ID: WJO-141001
Department: Support McIDAS