[McIDAS #PLP-672741]: Download login?

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the slow reply, today is a UCAR holiday (Juneteenth)...

re:
> It has been a while since I last downloaded the McIDAS-X software,
> and the website seems to have changed.

Yes indeed.  All of the websites in UCAR are undergoing updates
so that they will look and act more like each other.  The transition
to a new site has been a long, drawn out process which is still
not complete, and we are hoping that sites will continue to have
patience with us.

re:
> I don't see a place to enter
> my login until I attempt to download the software, and then when I
> put in my old credentials, I get prompted for them again.

As you may recall, McIDAS is the outlier for packages we make
available, and the transition to a new web framework (the work
that is not done as I noted above) has added some complexities
to the process.

re:
> What do I need to do to get access to the current release?
> Does the current release support the pending change to the new
> GOES 18?

I will be putting out a new, but not absolutely newest version
for users to grab either tomorrow or Wednesday.  This new version,
however, is not the latest from SSEC with Unidata additions, but
one release back as far as the SSEC updates go.  I am still working
on the newest release, and hope to have it available by the end
of June or early in July.

I will send you the ABCs for accessing the release that I will be
making available right after I get the release out in the downloads
area.  If you need something immediately, I can work with you outside
of the formal download procedure, but this will still need to be
after I make the "new" release available, probably tomorrow late or
Wednesday.

Ticket ID: PLP-672741
Department: Support McIDAS