[McIDAS #WRK-701892]: general archive of McIDAS POINT source surface data?

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Looks like SSEC has those missing files.
> https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/real-time-access

This URL is for access to real-time data, not archive data.  Their
real-time access only goes back 10 days for POINT and TEXT data, so it
does not have any of the data you need.

I contacted SSEC and got access to their archive of POINT data.  I then
wrote a BASH script that would grab the missing days for all of the POINT
files (except SFCHOURLY since we should have all of those) for each day
between 20121013 and 20200430 whose Julian day number ends in a '0'
(zero) (these are the days that were missing from our mini archive;
the rest should have been saved).

During the download process, I noted that the SSEC POINT archive I was
given access to is missing all data for the period starting on 20160801
(August 1, 2016) and continuing through 2017 until the beginning of 2018.
This means that our mini archive will continue to lack all POINT files
for Julian days that end in a '0' during this period.  When I dug deeper
into the SSEC archives, I found that it is missing ALL data from 20160801
through 20171231, so there is no way to regenerate the missing POINT
files for this period from data holdings in the SSEC archive.

Ticket ID: WRK-701892
Department: Support McIDAS