[McIDAS #LSJ-196213]: Converting to netCDF

Hi Carol,

re:
> Oh ok! I've added the SIZE=SAME keyword.

Very good.

re:
> Out of curiosity, why isn't SIZE=SAME the default netcdfgroup for IMGCOPY?

The notion of copying from one image to another existed in McIDAS
going WAY back.  When they ADDEized everything (meaning all data
access is via "remote" access, not reading from a file directly, they
kept the defaults that existed.  I would guess that the most common
use of IMGCOPY was to copy a sector (piece) from an original image
to a new one, and this meant to copy only a part of the original
image.  Just so you know, this decision had nothing to do with me! :-)

re:
> The unix ncdump is giving me the following error by running ''ncdump
> filename.nc'.... not zipped
>
> 'ncdump: symbol lookup error: ncdump: undefined symbol:
> nc_inq_format_extended'

Sounds like there is an issue with the version of 'ncdump' that you
are trying to use, and from the output it sounds like ncdump is
missing a dynamic library in which the symbol nc_inq_format_extended
should be defined.

What is the output of:

ldd `which ncdump`

re:
> Now the files are 170 MBs, so that makes more sense. I'm running these
> commands for all bands of METEOSAT, but the size of all the NetCDF files
> are the same size (165349836 bytes) except band 12.

OK.  Are you thinking that this is incorrect?

re:
> Could there also be an error with using UNIT=RAW for the calibration?

I don't think so.

re:
> Thanks for your help in figuring this out!

No worries.

Ticket ID: LSJ-196213
Department: Support McIDAS