[McIDAS #HOJ-391973]: remap2.k

Hi Greg,

re:
> I need the remap2.k command in mcidas but this command doesn't
> seem to be in my /home/mcidas/bin dir from the mcidas2018 version. In
> looking at my makelog file, I don't see any reference to that command.
> Any suggestions?

REMAP2 is part of the XRD package included with McIDAS-X.  The XRD package
is not built by default, but it is easy to build and install:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas<version>/src      e.g., cd ~mcidas/mcidas2018/src
make xrd install.xrd

NB:

- XRD routines are not fully supported by SSEC or Unidata

- XRD routines are NOT documented in the McIDAS User's Guide

  For documentation, you will need to run 'HELP REMAP2' after
  the XRD package is built and installed

Ticket ID: HOJ-391973
Department: Support McIDAS