[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

re: Source of "jaggies" found and fixed.

> Cool!  And appropriate name, I like it.

The "jaggies" are a good indication that the 1D array of values
being send back from the server have been byte flipped incorrectly.
Because of your comments (and me verifying them in my development
environment), I went right to the section that I needed to address.
Luckily, it only took a good look at the code to see that I was
incorrectly switching on the input byte size, and not the output
byte size.  Once corrected, my tests looked correct, so I expected
yours to as well :-)

re: rebuild the SCMI AGET server, scmiaget

> Doing as instructed...

Good.

re:
re: rerun your IMGDISP and IMGREMAP tests and let me know your results.

> Success!  Going through all the various things I've described through
> the course of this, and I cannot reproduce the jaggies.  This is true
> both for my local data as well as when I point to your server.  I
> think that does it!

Excellent!

re: egg on my face

> No worries!  These things happen to all of us, and I'm glad it was a
> fairly quick/simple fix.

Well, I knew that it would be easy if/when I could find the problem.
Luckily, I zeroed in on the coding mistake quickly.

re:
> Tom, I can't thank you enough for all your help, and for all your work
> with getting v2017 off the ground.  Getting McIDAS to fully support
> GOES-16 will allow us to do some incredible things with that data.

No worries.  I'm loving the GOES-16 imagery!

re:
> We hope to have our GOES-16 page back online when the satellite
> becomes operational.  At that time, I invite you to come check it out
> and see how we've been able to put McIDAS to use here.

Will do!

re:
> Thanks again,

No, thanks to you for providing good feedback quickly!

Now, on to the next fire -- the update of the Unidata McIDAS-X documentation...

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS