[McIDAS #JAV-781741]: McIDAS-X on Windows or Linux

Hi Kwan,

re:
> "Did you get Windows system updates from time to time?"

Yes.  My Windows environment is like anyone else's Windows environment.

re:
> What I meant was
> that whenever Microsoft sends me an automatic Windows update, I would have
> to reboot the computer to activate the updates.

Yes, I have to do this also.  I shutdown my VM before letting the machine
reboot.

re:
> So I would have no choice
> but to reboot McIDAS as well if I want the updates to be installed.

The process would be:

- do not let Windows do an automatic reboot if you want to leave your
  VM running all of the time

- shutdown your VM before rebooting your machine to active new Windows
  updates

- restart your VM after you machine comes back up

There is no getting around this, but it is not a big deal.

Ticket ID: JAV-781741