[McIDAS #CZI-175055]: Adde imgcopy across Internet2

Hi Randy,

re:
> I am wondering if anyone has tried imgcopying area files across the
> internet-2 and if so what kind of data rates are being achieved.

Pretty much all of our network transfers go over I2.  I have never timed
any specific IMGCOPYs as the results would be highly dependent on the
class of the machine running the ADDE server.

> We have been doing testing from our I2 connection to the University of
> Wisconsin and are seeing at most 3.7Mbps when our pipe is running at
> 20Mbps.

Try the following so we have something to compare:

dataloc.k ADD GOESEAST unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
time imgcopy.k GOESEAST/WH-1KVIS.1 MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 SIZE=ALL

The results I just got were:

Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 75545808
Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 75545888
IMGCOPY: GOESEAST/WH-1KVIS.1 copied to MYDATA/IMAGES.3000
imgcopy.k: done
0.077u 0.264s 0:32.50 1.0%      0+0k 472+200io 5pf+0w

This translates into ~2.3 MB/s or 18.5 Mb/s.

I believe that the limiting factor in this test is the machine
serving the GOESEAST data as it is an old, reasonably slow Sun.

Ticket ID: CZI-175055