[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

20040312: McIDAS and SUN Solaris



>From:  Jim Nelson <address@hidden>
>Organization: SSEC/CIMSS
>Keywords: 200403112135.i2BLZbrV022391 McIDAS UPRM

All,

I just returned from Costa Rica and got through two days worth of
meetings here at Unidata.  I contacted Luis today and will be working
with him in the installation of Unidata McIDAS this weekend or early
next week.

The problem(s) that Luis had was in using  SSEC's installation
procedure while trying to install Unidata McIDAS.  The Unidata
installation does not use the mcinst.sh script that SSEC uses; the
installer runs 'make' directly.

As far as Unidata McIDAS' compatibility on Sun Solaris SPARC 5.8 using
gcc, this is one of my primary development environments, so the
distribution runs there first before being tested on fringe OSes like
HP-UX (ugh!), AIX, DEC OSF/1, MacOS-X (Panther).  My platforms of
choice in decreasing order are Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux, and
FreeBSD is rapidly ascending to the top of the list!

Cheers,

Tom

>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>--------------050302060600080807080108
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Hi Ana--  Well, it's about 20F here now, the sun is out, and it's 
>noon!   Brrrrrrr....
>
>My understanding here is that you are trying to install either the 
>Unidata version
>of McIDAS-X 2003,  or  the Unidata version of  McIDAS-X 7.8, on a Sun 
>running
>Solaris 5.8.   Apparently, you have been unable to install the 2003 
>McIDAS-X Unidata
>package, and you are also having problems getting the 7.8 Unidata 
>package to install.
>I am particularly interested in what Luis said:
>
>    The first problem that I'm getting is that it doesn't
>    find this file:
>
>       'mcidas7.8.tar' or 'mcidas7.8.tar.Z'
>
>I know from installing non-Unidata McIDAS-X packages here at CIMSS that the
>mcidas7.8.tar/mcidas7.8.tar.Z   file is one of the 8 or so basic files 
>that are needed to
>do the install.  Also, according to the Web page 
>(http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug/x/XTOP.html),
>it appears you  *should*  be able to do the install on your Solaris 
>system.  Finally, I would try
>to stick with the 2003 package, as it would have numerous enhancements 
>not in the 7.8 package.
>
>Obviously, I'm  missing something here.  I am unfamiliar with the 
>details of installing Unidata
>versions of McIDAS-X on Solaris.  Are there any Unidata folks out there 
>who can help Ana et al. out?
>
>We'll get there, Ana!  :)    Have a nice weekend!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Jim
>---
>address@hidden wrote:
>
>>Hi Jim,
>>   Remember that I told you about installing McIDAS-X Unidata on our
>>server? Well, our system manager has downloading McIDAS version 2003
>>and McIDAS 7.8. He said that it didn't work McIDAS version 2003 for our
>>Sun Solaris workstation. My answer is if the version of Solaris is
>>5.8(Solaris 8) and the server is SUNFireV880, the c and fortran
>>compilers are gnu version for SUN; the McIDAS Unidata version might
>>work? I'm asking if we need to download another software. Below are
>>some request from the administrator and our technical administrator.
>>
>>Ana Picon
>>
>>
>>-------- Original Message --------
>>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site (fwd)
>>From: "Luis A. Lopez" <address@hidden>
>>Date: Wed, March 10, 2004 5:39 pm
>>To: <address@hidden>
>>
>>Thanks Pieter for forwarding me the email from Ana.  The version of
>>Solaris is 5.8 (Solaris 8) and the server is a SUNFireV880. We have both
>>the gnu veriosn of c and fortran compiler as well as the commercial
>>version from SUN.  The first problem that I'm getting is that it doesn't
>>find this file:
>>
>>'mcidas7.8.tar' or 'mcidas7.8.tar.Z'
>>
>>I already registered with Unidata and read some emails from the mailing
>>list and some answers from the user group but no hint at all.  It seems
>>that I need to download this file as separate but I can't find it on
>>unidata web page.  I'll notify you any progress on this.
>>
>>
>>Luis
>>  
>>
>>>Luis:
>>>
>>>FYI, see below
>>>PV
>>>*******************************************************************
>>>Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical Engineering; Tel.
>>>787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>>>Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>>>*******************************************************************
>>>
>>>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:07:11 -0400 (AST)
>>>From: address@hidden
>>>To: address@hidden
>>>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site (fwd)
>>>
>>>    
>>>
>>>>Hi everyone,
>>>>      
>>>>
>>>   When I was reading the notes of Unidata McIDAS-X, there was a note
>>>about some versions of Solaris that will not work well for McIDAS-X. I
>>>know some people from Wisconsin that might help us but they didn't
>>>implement this software, they made the commercial version of McIDAS
>>>and as far as I know Unidata McIDAS-X is a free version. Dee Wade is
>>>the right person that we can contact on. She is the person in charge
>>>in the McIDAS User Group. Her email is address@hidden I will
>>>look at the web site of SSEC because there is a link to contact with
>>>other people in the group. Also, if the downloaded version of McIDAS
>>>was by creating a new account, we can get support from Unidata. I need
>>>the version of Solaris to check with this people if the software might
>>>work.
>>>
>>>Ana Picon
>>>
>>> Ana:
>>>    
>>>
>>>>FYI, see below.
>>>>Thanks,
>>>>PV
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>>>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:03:59 -0400 (AST)
>>>>From: Luis A. Lopez <address@hidden>
>>>>To: address@hidden
>>>>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site
>>>>
>>>>I could not do anything with the 2003 version of Mcidas, so I
>>>>downloaded the version 7.8.  I'll begin the installation process
>>>>today.  I need to get in touch with Ana as soon as possible.  It
>>>>seems that Mcidas compile fine on a Linux Box.  I'll let you know the
>>>>results today.  Have a nice day.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Luis
>>>>      
>>>>
>>>>>Luis:
>>>>>
>>>>>I still have doubts about the "friendlyness" of Sun Solaris to
>>>>>accept McIDAS. Please be sure about that. If not, we need to take a
>>>>>different approach. Discuss this with Ana and review the support
>>>>>pages
>>>>>carefully. Also think about the amount of time it will take to get
>>>>>the job done. Regards,
>>>>>PV
>>>>>
>>>>>*******************************************************************
>>>>>Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical Engineering;
>>>>>Tel. 787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>>>>>Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>>>>>*******************************************************************
>>>>>
>>>>>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Luis A. Lopez wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>        
>>>>>
>>>>>>Thanks for the email Pieter, I already found a good page for
>>>>>>support (it seems complicated for solaris), any way, I'll
>>>>>>appreciate any help from Ms. Ana.  Thanks again.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Dear Ana:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Please read emails below. Mr. Luis Lopez is our System
>>>>>>>            
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>Administrator
>>>>>>for the server "Climatemaster" in L-121. He already downloaded
>>>>>>McIDAS version 2003 in our server. I mentioned to him your summer
>>>>>>internship in Madison,WI and the McIDAS people you met overthere.
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Please discuss with him the installation procedures and how to
>>>>>>>            
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>contact the right people in Madison for instructions. There are no
>>>>>>installation guidelines available. Maybe you can give him an
>>>>>>orientation how to proceed and who to contact. You can call him at
>>>>>>x3768 in Mathematics. I appreciate you assistance in this very
>>>>>>important matter as indicated below in the emails. Our goal is to
>>>>>>transfer the Atmos web site ASAP before April 1, 2004 (not 2005).
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Thank you so much,
>>>>>>>PV
>>>>>>>*******************************************************************
>>>>>>>            
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical Engineering;
>>>>>>Tel. 787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>>>>>>>*******************************************************************
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Dr. Jorge E. Gonzalez wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>            
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Pieter/Luis,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Please read below.  We need Amos web page to be transferred
>>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>soon.
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Thanks,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>JEC.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-----
>>>>>>>>Dr. Jorge E. Gonzalez
>>>>>>>>Professor
>>>>>>>>Mechanical Engineering Department
>>>>>>>>Santa Clara University
>>>>>>>>500 El Camino Real
>>>>>>>>Santa Clara, CA 95053
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>tel (408)554-4459
>>>>>>>>fax (408) 554-5474
>>>>>>>>email: address@hidden
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>>>From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
>>>>>>>>Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 9:10 AM
>>>>>>>>To: address@hidden
>>>>>>>>Subject: [Fwd: Re: NASA-EPSCOR TAC Meeting April 1-2, 2004]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-------- Original Message --------
>>>>>>>>Subject: Re: NASA-EPSCOR TAC Meeting April 1-2, 2004
>>>>>>>>From: "Robert S Webb" <address@hidden>
>>>>>>>>Date: Mon, March 8, 2004 5:05 pm
>>>>>>>>To: address@hidden
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Jorge,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>I was trying to track down some information on current state of
>>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>the
>>>>>>project.  What happened to the www pages
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>--Robin
>>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>>>Robert S. Webb
>>>>>>>>NOAA/OAR/Climate Diagnostics Center
>>>>>>>>325 Broadway
>>>>>>>>Boulder, CO USA  80305-3328
>>>>>>>>Office ph. (303) 497 6967
>>>>>>>>Fax. (303) 497 7013
>>>>>>>>e-mail:address@hidden
>>>>>>>>http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~rwebb/
>>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>-----------------------------------
>>>>>>Luis A. Lopez, MBA
>>>>>>System Administrator
>>>>>>Math. Department
>>>>>>University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
>>>>>>-----------------------------------
>>>>>>          
>>>>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  
>>
>
>--------------050302060600080807080108
>Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
><html>
><head>
>  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
>  <title></title>
></head>
><body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
>Hi Ana--&nbsp; Well, it's about 20F here now, the sun is out, and it's
>noon!&nbsp;&nbsp; Brrrrrrr....<br>
><br>
>My understanding here is that you are trying to install either the
>Unidata version<br>
>of McIDAS-X 2003,&nbsp; or&nbsp; the Unidata version of&nbsp; McIDAS-X 7.8, on
>  a Sun
>running<br>
>Solaris 5.8.&nbsp;&nbsp; Apparently, you have been unable to install the 2003
>McIDAS-X Unidata<br>
>package, and you are also having problems getting the 7.8 Unidata
>package to install.<br>
>I am particularly interested in what Luis said:<br>
><pre wrap="">    The first problem that I'm getting is that it doesn't
>    find this file:
>
>       'mcidas7.8.tar' or 'mcidas7.8.tar.Z'
>
>
></pre>
>I know from installing non-Unidata McIDAS-X packages here at CIMSS that
>the <br>
>mcidas7.8.tar/mcidas7.8.tar.Z&nbsp;&nbsp; file is one of the 8 or so basic fil
> es
>that are needed to<br>
>do the install.&nbsp; Also, according to the Web page
>(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug/x/XTOP.ht
> ml">http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug/x/XTOP.html</a>),<br>
>it appears you&nbsp; *should*&nbsp; be able to do the install on your Solaris
>system.&nbsp; Finally, I would try<br>
>to stick with the 2003 package, as it would have numerous enhancements
>not in the 7.8 package.<br>
><br>
>Obviously, I'm&nbsp; missing something here.&nbsp; I am unfamiliar with the
>details of installing Unidata<br>
>versions of McIDAS-X on Solaris.&nbsp; Are there any Unidata folks out there
>who can help Ana et al. out?<br>
><br>
>We'll get there, Ana!&nbsp; :)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Have a nice weekend!<br>
><br>
>Sincerely, <br>
><br>
>Jim<br>
>---<br>
><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>Ana.P
> address@hidden</a> wrote:<br>
><blockquote type="cite"
> cite="address@hidden">
>  <pre wrap="">Hi Jim,
>   Remember that I told you about installing McIDAS-X Unidata on our
>server? Well, our system manager has downloading McIDAS version 2003
>and McIDAS 7.8. He said that it didn't work McIDAS version 2003 for our
>Sun Solaris workstation. My answer is if the version of Solaris is
>5.8(Solaris 8) and the server is SUNFireV880, the c and fortran
>compilers are gnu version for SUN; the McIDAS Unidata version might
>work? I'm asking if we need to download another software. Below are
>some request from the administrator and our technical administrator.
>
>Ana Picon
>
>
>-------- Original Message --------
>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site (fwd)
>From: "Luis A. Lopez" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:luis.lopez
> @math.uprm.edu">&lt;address@hidden&gt;</a>
>Date: Wed, March 10, 2004 5:39 pm
>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:address@hidden";>&lt;pv
> address@hidden&gt;</a>
>
>Thanks Pieter for forwarding me the email from Ana.  The version of
>Solaris is 5.8 (Solaris 8) and the server is a SUNFireV880. We have both
>the gnu veriosn of c and fortran compiler as well as the commercial
>version from SUN.  The first problem that I'm getting is that it doesn't
>find this file:
>
>'mcidas7.8.tar' or 'mcidas7.8.tar.Z'
>
>I already registered with Unidata and read some emails from the mailing
>list and some answers from the user group but no hint at all.  It seems
>that I need to download this file as separate but I can't find it on
>unidata web page.  I'll notify you any progress on this.
>
>
>Luis
>  </pre>
>  <blockquote type="cite">
>    <pre wrap="">Luis:
>
>FYI, see below
>PV
>*******************************************************************
>Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical Engineering; Tel.
>787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>*******************************************************************
>
>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:07:11 -0400 (AST)
>From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";
> >address@hidden</a>
>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>pva
> address@hidden</a>
>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site (fwd)
>
>    </pre>
>    <blockquote type="cite">
>      <pre wrap="">Hi everyone,
>      </pre>
>    </blockquote>
>    <pre wrap="">   When I was reading the notes of Unidata McIDAS-X, there wa
> s a note
>about some versions of Solaris that will not work well for McIDAS-X. I
>know some people from Wisconsin that might help us but they didn't
>implement this software, they made the commercial version of McIDAS
>and as far as I know Unidata McIDAS-X is a free version. Dee Wade is
>the right person that we can contact on. She is the person in charge
>in the McIDAS User Group. Her email is <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" hre
> f="mailto:address@hidden";>address@hidden</a>. I will
>look at the web site of SSEC because there is a link to contact with
>other people in the group. Also, if the downloaded version of McIDAS
>was by creating a new account, we can get support from Unidata. I need
>the version of Solaris to check with this people if the software might
>work.
>
>Ana Picon
>
> Ana:
>    </pre>
>    <blockquote type="cite">
>      <pre wrap="">FYI, see below.
>Thanks,
>PV
>
>
>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:03:59 -0400 (AST)
>From: Luis A. Lopez <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" 
>href="mailto:address@hidden
> ath.uprm.edu">&lt;address@hidden&gt;</a>
>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>pva
> address@hidden</a>
>Subject: Re: McIDAS  and Atmos Web Site
>
>I could not do anything with the 2003 version of Mcidas, so I
>downloaded the version 7.8.  I'll begin the installation process
>today.  I need to get in touch with Ana as soon as possible.  It
>seems that Mcidas compile fine on a Linux Box.  I'll let you know the
>results today.  Have a nice day.
>
>
>Luis
>      </pre>
>      <blockquote type="cite">
>        <pre wrap="">Luis:
>
>I still have doubts about the "friendlyness" of Sun Solaris to
>accept McIDAS. Please be sure about that. If not, we need to take a
>different approach. Discuss this with Ana and review the support
>pages
>carefully. Also think about the amount of time it will take to get
>the job done. Regards,
>PV
>
>*******************************************************************
>Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical Engineering;
>Tel. 787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>*******************************************************************
>
>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Luis A. Lopez wrote:
>
>        </pre>
>        <blockquote type="cite">
>          <pre wrap="">Thanks for the email Pieter, I already found a good pag
> e for
>support (it seems complicated for solaris), any way, I'll
>appreciate any help from Ms. Ana.  Thanks again.
>
>
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <pre wrap="">Dear Ana:
>
>Please read emails below. Mr. Luis Lopez is our System
>            </pre>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">Administrator
>for the server "Climatemaster" in L-121. He already downloaded
>McIDAS version 2003 in our server. I mentioned to him your summer
>internship in Madison,WI and the McIDAS people you met overthere.
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <pre wrap="">Please discuss with him the installation procedures a
> nd how to
>            </pre>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">contact the right people in Madison for instructions. T
> here are no
>installation guidelines available. Maybe you can give him an
>orientation how to proceed and who to contact. You can call him at
>x3768 in Mathematics. I appreciate you assistance in this very
>important matter as indicated below in the emails. Our goal is to
>transfer the Atmos web site ASAP before April 1, 2004 (not 2005).
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <pre wrap="">Thank you so much,
>PV
>*******************************************************************
>            </pre>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">Pieter L. Van der Meer; Office: L-100A in Mechanical En
> gineering;
>Tel. 787-832-4040 Ext. 2096 or 3659(O), 787-873-1067 (H),
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <pre wrap="">Cel. 787-649-3307 Fax 787-265-3817 (O).
>*******************************************************************
>
>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Dr. Jorge E. Gonzalez wrote:
>
>            </pre>
>            <blockquote type="cite">
>              <pre wrap="">Pieter/Luis,
>
>Please read below.  We need Amos web page to be transferred
>              </pre>
>            </blockquote>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">soon.
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <blockquote type="cite">
>              <pre wrap="">Thanks,
>
>JEC.
>
>-----
>Dr. Jorge E. Gonzalez
>Professor
>Mechanical Engineering Department
>Santa Clara University
>500 El Camino Real
>Santa Clara, CA 95053
>
>tel (408)554-4459
>fax (408) 554-5474
>email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";
> >address@hidden</a>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>jor
> address@hidden</a> [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" 
> href="mailto:address@hidden
> uprm.edu">mailto:address@hidden</a>]
>Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 9:10 AM
>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>jg
> address@hidden</a>
>Subject: [Fwd: Re: NASA-EPSCOR TAC Meeting April 1-2, 2004]
>
>-------- Original Message --------
>Subject: Re: NASA-EPSCOR TAC Meeting April 1-2, 2004
>From: "Robert S Webb" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Robert.S.W
> address@hidden">&lt;address@hidden&gt;</a>
>Date: Mon, March 8, 2004 5:05 pm
>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:address@hidden";>jorge
> @ece.uprm.edu</a>
>
>Jorge,
>
>I was trying to track down some information on current state of
>              </pre>
>            </blockquote>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">the
>project.  What happened to the www pages
>          </pre>
>          <blockquote type="cite">
>            <blockquote type="cite">
>              <pre wrap="">--Robin
>--
>Robert S. Webb
>NOAA/OAR/Climate Diagnostics Center
>325 Broadway
>Boulder, CO USA  80305-3328
>Office ph. (303) 497 6967
>Fax. (303) 497 7013
><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:e-mail:address@hidden
> ">e-mail:address@hidden</a>
><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~rwebb/";>http:/
> /www.cdc.noaa.gov/~rwebb/</a>
>              </pre>
>            </blockquote>
>          </blockquote>
>          <pre wrap="">
>-----------------------------------
>Luis A. Lopez, MBA
>System Administrator
>Math. Department
>University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
>-----------------------------------
>          </pre>
>        </blockquote>
>      </blockquote>
>    </blockquote>
>  </blockquote>
>  <pre wrap=""><!---->
>
>
>  </pre>
></blockquote>
></body>
></html>
>
>--------------050302060600080807080108--
>
--
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
* Tom Yoksas                                             UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                  P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                             http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+


NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the web. If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.