Re: 20030327: McIDAS-X and IDV 1.0 beta 5

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer.  The problem with the 20 workstations ocurred just after
you helped installing McIDAS-X, when our WMU Sun network was upgraded to Solaris
8.  The new OS used most of the 128 MB RAM of the workstations.

I discussed the lab workstations configuration with our Sun network manager,
Leonard Peirce, this morning.  With the $5K we have available to upgrade the
lab,
we will buy 2  SunBlade 150 workstations with 1 GB RAM and upgrade up to 4 of
the
existing stations with 512 RAM.

After we have these machines upgraded, we will call on you to help us
re-installing
McIDAS in our Meteorology Lab.  I will keep you posted.

Thank you so much!

Elen

Elen Cutrim
Associate Professor