20021112: McIDAS 7.8/2002 Fkey menu problem (cont.)

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I have grabbed the 3 files, and put them in ~mcidas/bin
>with the correct permissions.
>
>I started Mcidas, and proceeded to test with an upper air
>contour plot from the fkey menu. Here is the error from the
>text window:
>
>BKGRUN {bkgmap.gui TMAP LATEST RAOBCON T  850 USACONF LATEST 132  00:30
>13 CONF NONE CON NO X}
>BKGRUN: Done
>Error in startup script: invalid command name "upcBitMap"
>    while executing
>"upcBitMap combo"
>    (file "/usr/local/mcidas/bin/bkgmap.gui" line 251)
>
>In case it helps, we are still running ver 7.8 .

Nuts.  I was making the mods to the v2002 versions of the Fkey menu
Tcl/Tk gui files.  This version is different than yours mainly in the
area you found: v2002 has gotten away from inclusion of .xbm (bitmap)
files used in the GUIs.  These are now generated within a support
procedure in upcguiprocs.tcl.

I retrofitted the mods to xsection.gui, imagloop.gui, and bkgmap.gui
to the v7.8 code and put it in the pub/mcidas/src/7.8 directory of
anonymous FTP for you to grab.  You should use these files to replace
the ones you FTPed earlier.

Can I use this opportunity to make a pitch for LSC upgrading to v2002 :-)