20021028: setting up ADDE dataset for NEXRAD composites (cont.)

>From: "Paul L. Sirvatka" <address@hidden>

Paul,

re: Please look at:
    DSSERVE LIST NEXRCOMP

>Everthing looks alright.

Could you send me the output of the DSSERVE command and the output of:

DATALOC LIST NEXRCOMP

re: see what 'ls -alt value_you_set_dirfile_to' gives you for a list

>-rw-r--r--    1 ldm      ldm      14208533 Oct 28 20:38 n0r_20021029_0227

This looks good, although I would have assumed that if you used the
'value_you_set_dirfile_to' as the 'ls' object, that your list would
have been had more than one entry especially given your comment:

>I have files that are 14 MB big in the N0R directory.

OK.

>I says Satellite Sensor derived still...
>Still wondering

Something is (obviously) just not quite right in your NEXRCOMP dataset setup.
I say this because I can point at your machine (presumably weather.cod.edu)
for the RTPTSRC dataset and see that it is populated:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC WEATHER.COD.EDU

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTPTSRC                      WEATHER.COD.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

DSINFO POINT RTPTSRC

        Dataset Names of Type: POINT in Group: RTPTSRC

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
AIRCRAFT        10    Real-Time Aircraft data
FOUS14          10    Real-Time FOUS14 data
LIGHTNING       10    Real-Time Lightning data
PROF6MIN        10    Real-Time 6-Minute Profiler data
PROFHOURLY      10    Real-Time Hourly Profiler data
PTSRCS         100    All point data in MDXX files
SFCHOURLY       10    Real-Time SFC Hourly
SHIPBUOY        10    Real-Time Ship and Buoy data
SYNOPTIC        10    Real-Time SYNOPTIC data
UPPERMAND       10    Real-Time Upper Air (Mandatory)
UPPERSIG        10    Real-Time Upper Air (Significant)

DSINFO -- done

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY FORM=FILE ALL
Pos      Description                        Schema  NRows NCols Proj# Created
DataDate
------   --------------------------------   ------  ----- ----- ----- -------
--------
     1   SAO/METAR data for   28 OCT 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002301
2002301
     2   SAO/METAR data for   29 OCT 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002301
2002302
    10   SAO/METAR data for   27 OCT 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002299
2002300
PTLIST: Done

The same pointing and interrogation for NEXRCOMP shows nothing:

DATALOC ADD NEXRCOMP WEATHER.COD.EDU

Group Name                    Server IP Address
NEXRCOMP                     WEATHER.COD.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

DSINFO IMAGE NEXRCOMP
    No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: NEXRCOMP
DSINFO -- done

Hopefully, you sending me the full output from 'DSSERVE LIST NEXRCOMP'
will shed some light on what is going on.