20020529: McIDAS MATH keywords (cont.)

>From: "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Jennie,

>Your my hero,

Well, that's nice to know :-)

>just what I was looking for indeed.  Sorry
>it took a lot of time to find, but I do appreciate it,
>besides, its it good (empowering) to know? :-0 !

Since that was one section of code I had not previously looked at, it
was new for me.  And, yes, it was good to get an idea of who the grid
calculations are laid out (so I can think about simplifying them!).

>Have been consumed with other things, but sometime we
>should figure out when it might be a good time to
>upgrade mcidas around here?

Yes, absolutely.  The first step in this is to identify all routines that
you, Tony, and Owen were adding to McIDAS.  We will then want to move
that code out into a separate directory, probably ~mcidas/mcidas/src,
create a makefile for it (not hard), and then test building it outside
of the primary McIDAS distribution tree.  When that is working smoothly,
upgrading should be as simple as downloading, building, and installing
a new version.  We also have to consolidate what is running under
the 'mcidas' and 'mcadde' accounts.  Right now, 'mcadde' runs a different
version of McIDAS than 'mcidas'.  This is not a big deal, but it ends
up using a lot more (approx. 250 MB) disk than is needed.  I think that
the redo of McIDAS on windfall should take a couple to three hours.
Upgrades after that should be nice and quick.

>Gotta run.....

Talk to you later...

Tom