20010801: McIDAS remote ADDE server setup (cont.)

>From: "Wayne Bresky" <address@hidden>

Wayne,

>Have you had a chance to poke around on cloudcover to determine
>the problem with the ADDE remote server setup?

No, not yet.  I should be in to the office in an hour or so (right now
I am working off of a miserable dialup connection).

I did see that your ~mcidas/.mcenv setup is incorrect, however.  I
am guessing that this is the cause of your problems.

>For the heck of it, I
>tried removing the user account and then adding it again.  And then did
>the following as described in the installation:
>
>1. ~mcidas/admin/userdata ~mcidas/mcidas7.7/data ~/mcidas/data
>2. while running a Mcidas session as the user:
>
>    REDIRECT REST LOCAL.NAM
>    REDIRECT MAKE
>
>3. BATCH "MYDATA.BAT
>
>4. BATCH "LOCDATA.BAT
>
>Again the SFCLIST is failing for the user:
>
>address@hidden wysocki]$ sfclist.k NY
>sfclist.k: Point data server unable to resolve this dataset:
>RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY
>Number of reports = 0
>sfclist.k: done
>
>I have no idea what to do at this point.  :-(

When I get into work I will correct .mcenv and then run tests as mcidas
and you.  I will, of course, send a detailed list of what was wrong;
why it was wrong; and the appropriate corrective actions.