20010226: [Fwd: 20010223: error running tclsh built on Linux with post Tcl/Tk installed]

>From:  "Rob Fennimore" <address@hidden>

Rob and Becky,

>Thanks for your help.  I tried your suggestions, making the indicated changes
>to the configure and configure.in files in /home/mcidas/mcidas7.704/tcl/unix,
>and then re-running sh ./mcidas7.704.sh install.

Since I am not entirely familiar with building using the SSEC mcidasX.Ywz.sh
file, I can not comment on whether or not the changes you made were overwritten
or ignored.  Unidata users build McIDAS-X by first unpacking the distribution
and then:

cd mcidas7.704/src
make

My users would have to do the following as the user 'mcidas':

cd ~mcidas/mcidas7.704/tcl/unix
<edit configure and optionally configure.in>
make distclean
cd ../../src
rm tclcomp
make

>The result was exactly the same, same
>error.  I tried removing the .o files and the tclsh executable in
>/home/mcidas/mcidas7.704/tcl/unix and still got the same error.

A 'make distclean' in that directory would be the real thing to do.

>Is there anything else I can try?

Did you verify that the copy of mcidas7.704/tcl/unix/configure still
contained your modifications?

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Feb 27 08:29:23 2001
>CC: McIDAS Help Desk <address@hidden>, Vince Barrett <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010226: [Fwd: 20010223: error running tclsh built on Linux with
> post Tcl/Tk installed]

Tom and Becky,

This worked great, it all compiled and installed perfectly, and McIDAS
runs great.  Thanks again for all your help.

-Rob.