20010109: McIDAS and NIDS (cont.)

>From: "Thomas L. Mote" <address@hidden>

Tom,

>Ok, thanks for checking. The problem must be with the way I
>have the local user set up. I tried to display the images
>but just kept getting a box pop up with an error. (Tried
>through the GUI and through the F-key menu.)

The Fkey menu is hardwired for the RTNIDS dataset.  RTNIDS is used for
WSI NEXRAD Level III products.  NOAAPORT NEXRAD Level III products
have the dataset name NEXRAD:

NEXRAD/N0R
NEXRAD/N1R
NEXRAD/N2R
NEXRAD/N3R
NEXRAD/N0Z
NEXRAD/NCR
NEXRAD/VIL
NEXRAD/N1P
NEXRAD/NTP
NEXRAD/N0S
NEXRAD/N1S
NEXRAD/N2S
NEXRAD/NET
NEXRAD/N0V
NEXRAD/N1V

The MCGUI was always setup to read NIDS products that had been converted
to AREA files by the ldm-mcidas decoder nids2area.  nids2area will _not_
(yet) work with NOAAPORT compressed NEXRAD Level III products.

Both the Fkey menu and the MCGUI need updates.  The problem I have right
now is that I have to prepare my talk for the AMS.  I leave on Sunday
and there are a lot of loose ends to tie up, so the updates to the
Fkey menu and MCGUI will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed Jan 10 06:39:10 2001

Tom:

I got it. I just didn't know if I had missed something I
was supposed to do. Thanks.