20000306: McIDAS GINI-to-netCDF conversion (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

>I talked to Doug about the possibility of using VisAD.  He thinks we
>can figure something out, but he is not familiar with the process to
>access McIDAS ADDE servers.

I believe that Doug has access to our MetApps development routines.
If so, then he will have had ADDE access through Don Murray's
image viewer application.

>Is this a run time link?

It is a client requesting data from a server.  So far, the only GINI
ADDE server is one here at Unidata.  If you (RAP) have access to
the GINI imagery in NOAAPORT, you could run the ADDE remote server
and serve the data to any/all clients that you are willing to serve.

>We will not have
>internet access from the site once we get the program installed.

Too bad.

>As an alternative, what would need to be done to get licences for the
>Army test ranges if we were to incorporate the McIDAS routines?  Are
>they licencenced from Unidata or an outside source?

The Army would have to get licensed for McIDAS from SSEC directly.
A contact for more information would be:

Dave Santek
address@hidden

Tom