19991108: Function Key Mappings

>From: Michael Sands <address@hidden>

Mike-

>  I'm running McIDAS 7.6 on Sun ultra 5's and whenever I try to use an
>Alt-FKey combinatino above Alt-F2 I get very weird errors. Like when I hit
>Alt-F3 it just closes the menu and such. I was wondering if there is any
>way to fool with the key mappings or if you have a solution to this
>problem. Thanks.

The problem is a conflict between the window manager key controls
and McIDAS key controls.  You can override the window manager keys
by following the instructions in the Configuring User Accounts section
of the installation docs:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/config_users.html

Let me know if you have trouble with these instructions (or if it
doesn't work for you).

Don Murray