19991006: FOUSP not working

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

Mark,

>Running Mcidas 7.6 we cannot seem to get any output from the FOUSP
>command.  FOUSDISP and FOUSRPT show that data does exist.  Here's what we
>got back from the command:
>
>FOUSP T USA 24 OUT=PLO DEV=CCC
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Parameter = T
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Forecast Hour =  24
>FOUSP* unit =A
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Model Run Day= 99279
>FOUSP* FOUSP: MD File =  49
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Model Run =  12
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Valid Time= 12
>FOUSP* FOUSP: Valid Day= 99279
>FORECAST TIME SPECIFIED NOT AVAILABLE

The line FOUSP* FOUSP: Model Run Day= 99279 is the telling one.  If you
upgraded your decoders, the DAY key in the MD file will have dates with
the CYD format (i.e. 1999279).  This change was made for Y2K compliancy.
If you specify DAY=ccyyddd on your FOUSP command lines, it should run.

>It seems strange that the Model Run Day and the Valid Day would be the
>same for a 24 hour forecast.

Yes, that is strange.  I think that this is a red herring, however.
Check the operation of FOUSP using the CYD format for the DAY= keyword
as I outlined above and let me know if this doesn't fix your problem.

Tom